2015 Fitness and Sport monitors – a sensor view is now available.
This is the largest study on sensors used in fitness and sport monitors. 53 players were analyzed.
- Optical heart rate from a wrist is challenging a traditional ECG based chest belt
- New entrants and start-ups are pushing and introducing optical wrist monitors when current key players are trusting to reliable chest belt- a big battle will be seen in 2015
- Bluetooth Smart is becoming strongly to be a main communication wireless link to sensors as well to smart phones
The usage of an accelerometer is increasing, whereas magnetometer and pressure sensor are not in the focus
Look and learn more also how market is changing…
– some traditional brands are disappearing, and some companies are giving up
– new entrants and start-ups are refreshing market, but the competition is tough