2015 Smart Watches- a sensor view report now available.
This is the largest study on sensors used in smart watches. 49 players were analyzed.
- An accelerometer is basically in all devices
- The usage of a gyro is growing although only few applications are using it.
- A magnetometer is integrated into only few devices
- optical heart rate sensor boomed, but causing worries to use it
- environmental sensors are just in trying and testing phase
Look and learn more also how market is changing…
– what is direction with BTLE, Wi-Fi and cellular
– voice command and speech recognition
– how small players ans start-ups compete against big mobile players
– are smart watches eating the business of activity monitors or are activity monitors quick enough to add smart features and having more attractive wrist design?